Creating a Section Viewport on a Design Layer problem

Will

When I try to create a section viewport on a design layer, the viewport shows a plan? See attached screenshot. I can't work out how to make it show a section or elevation in this case. I'm sure I've followed the instructions in the help topic to the letter and it seems to work fine if I create a section on a sheet layer. Any ideas?

Thanks

Will

For interior elevations make sure your section line is inside the exterior walls parallel to what you want to show.

For exterior elevations make sure your section line is parallel to the exterior wall face.

You can control the height and depth of what you see beyond the section line

There are other ways also.

taoist

If you put a section viewport on a design layer, it obeys the view of that design layer.

Since the source and the section viewport are on the same layer, they are in the same view.

Section viewports put on sheet layers have individual (by viewport) control of their views.

Section viewports put on design layers show whatever view the design layer is set to.

You could move it to a different design layer and make sure unified view is turned off....

hth

mk