Selecting VW windows should bring it to the front and make active

Christiaan

Question

In Mac OS X clicking on a Vectorworks window when it's not the active application often does not properly activate Vectorworks or bring it too the front properly. You end up having to click on the VW icon in the Dock. Sometimes it's worse in that it looks like it's the active application and you might be able to drag an object but nothing else.

Bout time this was fixed isn't it?

11 answers to this question

Should be fixed if it's a common problem.

Maybe it's a conflict with some particular other software or particular group of apps on your (networked?) system. I can't recall this behavior with VW, even with 6 or 7 other apps running.

I have seen something similar with my old Epson scanner software. Click makes the app active, but brings only one of the two windows to the front. Expose' also only brings up the "hovered" or clicked window.

As AndiACD suggests, the cmd tab or cmd~ sets everything right for that old dog (but I usually just click the other window).

-B

Loving Lion. Still getting used to Magic Mouse sensitivity. We all keep zooming out into infinity when we take our hands off the mouse.

:D Took me a while to. Went back to using the Wacom and use the Magic on my G5 :D

More than anything though we're loving the no-delays computing that comes with going from old PowerPC G5s to the top end iMacs.

i Sould have got an iMac then.

:):D

No problem with battery life here. We purchased batteries and chargers for everyone too, so they can all look after their own.

I've been using alkalines at home which is probably a bad idea, but my old NIMH batteries are past their best...maybe time to buy the Apple ones..

We're 'wired' at work...don't think they fancy keeping 35 users in batteries, rechargeable or otherwise..