How do I get rid of the outline around window "openings" in VW2012?

billtheia

VW2012 has added an "opening" options to windows. This creates a simple opening without any jambs (and without the annoying line in the middle of the jamb on hidden line renders.) I think that this is GREAT.

Unfortunately, when I render in RW the edges of the opening are outlined in white (see attachment.)

Can anyone out there help me get rid of this?

Thanks.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Bill:

VW has always shown no-fill objects as wireframe in OpenGL and RW render modes. There is a difference between 2010 and 2011 though, where in order to show lines in CINEMA you have to use Sketch and Toon, and the lines are not shaded by light objects, which is why they seem to be stark white in your model (white line color?). In 2010 for example the white lines would be there but maybe not as bright.

The workaround of setting the line style to None doesn't seem to be working (I will file a bug for this).

Yes, but why does the "opening" setting change a window or door into a no-fill object? Until now, doors and windows have always had a fill (unless the user decided otherwise.)

As I said in my opening post, this new setting would be quite useful if not for this no-fill behavior. Also, a window "opening" should really show the edges of the bottom of the opening below.

Perhaps I'm missing the intent of this new setting. Is it not to allow us to create simple openings that don't have jambs (like sheet-rocked or stuccoed openings?)

Bill, I think you should submit this as a bug.

If you duplicate the opening outside of the wall and switch to a 3D wireframe view you can't see any lines. The opening lines only show when you render in OpenGL or Renderworks. They do not show in Sketch renders, either of the Hidden Line render modes or any of the Polygon render modes.

• 3 years later...