Shutters don't seem to be working

maxbowman

Long time lurker, first time poster

So i'm attempting to use the shutters in VW to do a rendering, but no matter what mode I'm using (Open GL, Fast Renderworks, Final Rendworks) adusting the shutters of the light seems to do nothing to the output. I seem to remeber being able to do this just fine a few months back so I feel fairly confident that I'm doing everything the same....I'm currently using 2012, but I also opened up the same file in 2011 and it acted the same...

I opened a blank file and built a simple room and played with the shutters of a light and they behaved just fine....so my question

Is there a file setting somewhere that I must have hit at some point that would cause it to ignore rendering the shutters in the this particular file?

After a while of working on other things the idea came to just copy everything to a new file (ground plan, 3d model, lighting rig) and voila it works again... Sucks as now I have to rebuild my layers and classes, but at least it seems fixed...but would still love to know what I messed up somewhere if anybody knows

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Don't know what caused your problem, but you can import the layers and classes from the previous file... Just go to create a new layer or class and instead of typing a new name, choose the second option to import and then point to your other file. This will list all the layers/classes in that file. When importing layers, you can also check Import Layer Objects to copy the elements on the layers across too.