What are the issues in upgrade from 8.5 to 9?

Well, I'm now being punished for having been busy with other things and not following the message boards, I have to ask a question that I am sure has been asked before...

We are going to be upgrading from 8.52 to VW 9+ Spotlight. As we do both Lighting and Mechanical (Stage) drafting, some of my users have concerns. Specifically, in 8.52, many of my users have created their own custom workspaces using tools and plugins from the workspaces provided.

Will all of these copy over by moving them into the appropriate workspace and plugin folders, or are there compatibility issues? What other issues might we encounter? My apologies again for the repeat of questions and answers. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

[ 04-29-2002: Message edited by: rdecelle ]

Randy, My memory of the upgrade from 8.5.2 to 9 is that I had to redo my custom workspace, but it didn't take too long. There were other weird things in 9.0.1 & 9.1, but 9.5.1 seems more stable, faster, less buggy (although not perfect) and all-in-all fine. The biggest change has to do with "type1" (v8) and "type 2" (v9) objects and file translation, so make sure ask for help (from the techies @NNA) if you need it. PLC MacG4/OS9.1

You will also find that the file size is noticeably larger, about 1.5 times larger in some cases. As long as your computer can handle larger files and have the disk space for it, you'll be fine. 9.0 is very buggy. Make sure you're upgrading to 9.5.

Terence