MattG

I have a worksheet with databases I have created to denote where my rigging points are for stage set ups. Basically this is a X & Y center of certain sybmols that have a record attached to them.

I have some that I would like to now show the X & Y for. Is there a way in my database header string to put a exclude if a record field value equals something? Basically I have this list showing what motors dimensions attach to the ceiling. I want that worksheet to show those motors and not the motors that do not attach to the ceiling. Both motors have the same record and that is useful because they are counted in other worksheets. I just want the ones listed as "down" to be excluded from a count.

Any thoughts on that?

Matt

Matt,

As long as you have a definite set of criteria, you should be able to limit what is shown in a worksheet.

If you have a 23" ceiling grid then you should be able to add a criteria like:

(note, these are not real functions, just symbolic code.)

Mod(xPos,24)<>0 to give you the items that are not on the ceiling grid and something like:

Mod(xPos, 24)=0 to give you the items that are on the grid.

More information about what you are trying to do will help us help you.

Pat

Okay so using the file attached, sorry pdf only but you can see what I am talking about.

We hang all these motors to the ceiling whatever that may be, however the RED ones are ones that do not ever actually go to the ceiling. This is say we have a truss the is picked up by 5 motors and there are 3 motors underneath that are used to pick up scenic pieces or other trusses or something along those lines.

I uploaded a screen shot showing my record I have attached. I have a field labeled UP/DOWN. I want to exclude anything with a value of Motor Down from my report on the PDF on the side there. Sometimes I will have almost as many sub hung as points to the ceiling and it makes me have to scale down my report to a much smaller amount then I would like.

As far as I know in regards to the classes it would not be relevant as items still count unless I exclude that class and know to put everything in that class. But I prefer to not have to deal with that portion of it.

Thanks for any help.

Matt

So, just edit the criteria of the worksheet and add an additional criteria of Field Value of Up/Down = 'Down' to get just the down motors. Reverse for the up motors.

Edit the criteria by right clicking in the database header row (ie. 2, not 2.1, 2.2, etc.).

If the header row is not showing use the worksheet menu (small black downward facing triangle) and make sure there is a check mark next to Database Headers so they show.