stupid question

JNR, you know what they say: "The only stupid question is the one you never ask." But on a scale of 1 to 10....

OKAY, here's what you do: open a blank document and change all of the settings (page size, type face, line weights, origin, etc. etc. ad infinitum) to what you like. On mine I have a tiltle block on it's own layer and many other "standard" layers already defined. THEN save the that document "as a template". Then when you want to start a new job, simply open the template, which will give you an untitled new document with all of your defaults already set. PLC

Cipes:

Thanks for the heads up. Its been years since I fumbled around with templates. Sounds like I may need to re-visit.

Since I work on different projects during the day, I was hoping to simply open the program without defaulting to any file. I was hoping for tabula rasa, able to open files needed, not always quiting the blank file already open as my first move everyday... Kind of like Quark, Photoshop, Acrobat etc, which open without opening a blank file or template.

That would be the easy answer if win 2000 didn't get so confused when it can't figure out which application version to open it with. Open with 9.0? 9.01? 9.5? 9.51? NNA has left carnage all over my hard drive by copying program folders, so its a little tough for the OS to figure out what to do. Especially since NNA does not recommend blowing away the next to the latest version of the program.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by Kevin:
Does anyone know if it is possible to increase the number of "last used" documents in the File menu. When I click on the File menu I am presented with the last 4 documents that I used.

It is not possible to increase the size of that list in VectorWorks 9.