AR-Works - Vectorworks Third Party Series - Augmented Reality Plugin

Introducing AR-works ? ?Seeing is Believing?

The AR-works plug-in developed for Vectorworks allows Architects & Designers to export their 3D models from Vectorworks and create a fully interactive Augmented Reality (AR) experience which totally engages their client, and allows them to view and understand their proposed design in a way never before possible.

Communicating with your client in this way is easy.

Send your client a link to a download which contains everything they require, a copy of the AR-works 'Viewer' and ?Marker? (printed graphic used to trigger the experience).

You can now email the model, amends and redesigns of the model straight to your client. The only requirement needed to view the model is a computer with a webcam - if you do not have a webcam, the model can still be viewed in ?on screen? mode.

The Architect?s client can now load their model through the ?Viewer? and experience their proposed design ?in their hand? or on their desk as a fully interactive 3D model.

When the model is first launched you have an option to hide the model inside a presentation box and by pressing any key on the keyboard the box fades away and ?by magic? the model is revealed on the marker ? you can select and upload a design/texture to appear on the box. Within the next couple of releases there will be a facility to show the architect/designers name, project title and the client?s details which will be a really cool way to advertise your name & services and for the client to show off their project.

Viewing a 3D model in AR-works allows the user to see the model and interact with it in several different ways. Interact with it by holding the model in your hand, and move it around to fully understand the proposed design. Read the building?s form by removing components, floors, walls etc, slice through the X.Y & Z axis to look inside the model, and see how shadows move around the building by changing the suns orientation.

AR-works allows clients to make more informed decisions and simplify the design process.

AR-works is a truly unique and unforgettable experience.

For more information visit AR-works

Loc: United Kingdom

Introducing AR-works ? ?Seeing is Believing?

The AR-works plug-in developed for Vectorworks allows Architects & Designers to export their 3D models from Vectorworks and create a fully interactive Augmented Reality (AR) experience which totally engages their client, and allows them to view and understand their proposed design in a way never before possible.

Communicating with your client in this way is easy.

Send your client a link to a download which contains everything they require, a copy of the AR-works 'Viewer' and ?Marker? (printed graphic used to trigger the experience).

You can now email the model, amends and redesigns of the model straight to your client. The only requirement needed to view the model is a computer with a webcam - if you do not have a webcam, the model can still be viewed in ?on screen? mode.

The Architect?s client can now load their model through the ?Viewer? and experience their proposed design ?in their hand? or on their desk as a fully interactive 3D model.

When the model is first launched you have an option to hide the model inside a presentation box and by pressing any key on the keyboard the box fades away and ?by magic? the model is revealed on the marker ? you can select and upload a design/texture to appear on the box. Within the next couple of releases there will be a facility to show the architect/designers name, project title and the client?s details which will be a really cool way to advertise your name & services and for the client to show off their project.

Viewing a 3D model in AR-works allows the user to see the model and interact with it in several different ways. Interact with it by holding the model in your hand, and move it around to fully understand the proposed design. Read the building?s form by removing components, floors, walls etc, slice through the X.Y & Z axis to look inside the model, and see how shadows move around the building by changing the suns orientation.

AR-works allows clients to make more informed decisions and simplify the design process.

AR-works is a truly unique and unforgettable experience.

For more information visit AR-works

?It is now possible for Architects and their clients to view and engage with their proposed designs in a way never before possible'.

Viewing models as AR lets your client see them in an easy 3D projection allowing your client to see the building dynamically.

Client?s engagement within the design process aids in decision making.

AR-Works will assist in acquiring more business over competition.

Create your AR-Works model library to give to potential customers as examples of your work.

email clients updates and amends to designs in real time.

Faster turn around for Architects on the design process.

Client perception of the Architects using new technology.

Streamline the entire design and application process from architect to town planner.

Viewing in interactive 3D allows the client to easily understand the Architects concept ? building mass, scale, structural form including section views through building, material finishes and sun/shadow orientation.?

Slice or section through the model through the X,Y & Z planes. This allows viewing of any part of the models interior and structure.

Benefits for Architects

?It is now possible for Architects and their clients to view and engage with their proposed designs in a way never before possible'.

Viewing models as AR lets your client see them in an easy 3D projection allowing your client to see the building dynamically.

Client?s engagement within the design process aids in decision making.

AR-Works will assist in acquiring more business over competition.

Create your AR-Works model library to give to potential customers as examples of your work.

email clients updates and amends to designs in real time.

Faster turn around for Architects on the design process.

Client perception of the Architects using new technology.

Streamline the entire design and application process from architect to town planner.

Viewing in interactive 3D allows the client to easily understand the Architects concept ? building mass, scale, structural form including section views through building, material finishes and sun/shadow orientation.?

Slice or section through the model through the X,Y & Z planes. This allows viewing of any part of the models interior and structure.

A few comments after installing and exploring the demo:

1. AR works can be used without the marker. I put a sticky note over the laptop cam and could rotate the sample model via mouse without seeing my ugly mug in the frame. Section sliders and other features work without the marker. On the whole, I think AR-Works is pretty good. Some rendered surfaces were divided with X lines as if not flat.

2. Even while using the marker, the sample model rendered with some x facets on supposedly flat surfaces.

3. I have little use for AR-works at this time, so trashed the app from applications folder. VW seemed to work normally, except I started getting AR-works license requests when I used Modify>Scale Objects. Could not use the Scale Objects command! So AR-Works is messing with Vectorworks in unintended ways. I removed the "AR-works.vwlibrary" file from my VW>Library>Plug In folder. Now things are fine again. I hope I removed all traces. I may try again if I need presentation/sharing tools like this.

4. Hand holding the marker is dicey at best - swoop & zoom with every breath, grip adjustment and elbow flex. A tabletop stand with a flex neck supporting a turntable would be useful as a Marker holder. Tilt, rotate, swivel . . .

-B

• 3 weeks later...