2012 Can't even start using

I just downloaded the Trial version before I purchase, and when I open the program it gives me a light yellow background on my new document, and starts to zoom in automatically, and I cannot draw anything. I have no idea how to get around this.

I just opened an existing drawing (from 2011), and it does the same thing. I cannot draw anything, and it starts zooming in..

What the heck>?

JP

So I talked to our QA department and got two responses. One, apparently the light yellow background is normal for 2012 (shows how often I run Vectorworks!).

On the zooming thing, they were saying they've never seen that. One suggestion was to ensure that you weren't using a workspace from 2011. You didn't happen to copy over your preferences manually, did you? Not saying that would cause this, but it could.

Also, try hitting escape maybe? In general there's a bit of confusion about what could possibly be causing zooming in 2012 that isn't in 2011 on the same machine.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Vectorworks 2012 now allows you to set the background color of various working environments: Plan view, 3D views, and Sheet layers. The yellow you are seeing is the 'canary trace' style default for (probably) Top/Plan. Can't explain the zooming-in. Keyboard / mouse issue? Are you using any custom 3rd party mouse drivers?

• 3 weeks later...