Extract Planar Object Problem

cwailes

Ok, so I am trying to extract a planar object from a wall and apply a hatch to it so it appears in my hidden line viewport on my sheet layer. I want to be able to show in my elevations different hatchings without have to hand draw them. All seems to be working great except when I have a curved wall. It will extract the planar object and I can apply a hatch to it but it does not show up in a hidden line rendering. The same thing happens when I have a curved portion of a roof face that I have extracted. The hatch pattern does not show up on the viewport in hidden line. Any ideas how to fix this without having to go back in and hand draw the missing hatches?

Curved objects extract as NURBS surfaces (3D geometry) not as planar objects (2D geometry). Hatches only stick to 2D objects as far as I know.... Probably the only work around is to add the hatch to the surface in a Sheet Layer viewport. If you set the viewport's rendering settings to hidden line and then edit the annotations, you can use the paint bucket mode of the polygon tool to fill the areas (create polygons) that need hatching.

Kevin

Ok, Now I have a new issue with extracted planar objects. When I export a PDF of the elevations I only want the ones in the front to show and they look fine if I rendering it and look at it through the viewport. However, when I export it to a PDF all planar objects that are behind the front ones that I want to render show through so I get the outlines of the additional ones. I have even applied an opaque texture as to not allow that but they still show through. Is there another way to accomplish this with the planar objects? I have attached a screen shot of what is happening when I export it to a PDF.

Edited by ccw

In addition to the screen shot that I just added above. I also tried Kevin's suggestion of using the paint bucket but it wants to snap to objects that are behind the ones I want to fill. How can I get it to fill only what you see in the viewport and not the ones that are hidden by the ones in the foreground?

Edited by ccw
  • 2 months later...