Vectorworks EXTRACTION

GuyM

Hello everyone :)

Ok this is my first time posting in a forum so bear with my if i sound like a complete tart.

I need to download Vectorworks for my course that im studying at IDI and it just wont install! Im desparate as im falling behind big time and tech support isnt much help.

Ive downloaded it about 20 times now from three different computers but i just cant get it to extract! it doesnt open with winrar or winzip and i tried extracting it with 7-zip which got me as far as seeing the installation file and other vector works files but i cant extract it, a dialog box keeps popping up that says Error cannot excecute or Unexpected end of archive. what on earth does that mean!? it cant be damaged because other people on my course are downloading and using it fine!

Im really at my wits end here and im starting to panic about my course so i would really appreciate ANY help and suggestions.

Guy

No, I meant the actual url of the file, not the website. And please email it to me, don't post it here.

How do you know it's a windows version? Is there an exe inside? What files do you see inside?

You should only need to right click on the zip archive and select extract here.

@jkelly

On the website, it has two options, One for PC and one for Mac. when i click on the PC option it asks me what windows system I have and I select windows 7 because thats what i have!

I tried right clicking and extracting but winzip says that its a broken file and cannot execute it just wont let me extract it!

Ive sent the url to your email.

Thanks