Ceiling Plan Basics

shr

Ok, I've typed in an advanced search 'Ceiling +Plan' in subject and returned 277 results, only one of which was about ceiling plans. Also looked in VW help and no info on this.

So how do I create a ceiling plan?

View from below mirrors the building which I don't want.

Top plan shows the openings, I also do not want.

My windoor openings are set with individual classes for frame, door, etc, but do not switch off when I turn of those classes seperately (only when I turn off the class they are created in).

Any ideas please, I'm at a loose end

Thanks, but my issue is to start the plan I have the walls which show all the openings or the holes. I want solid walls, as you would normally see in a RCP. It looks like I have to draw the whole plan in 2D, whereas it would be easier to use the existing walls (esp. if they move). It also means I have to draw in a lot of polygons for my raking ceilings. Another issue is my 3d polygons are not solid.

It would be good if there was a way to cut the plan at ceiling level.

Do you use the WinDoor tool? I would be able to switch off parts of the openings - frames, sills, etc. but leave the ceiling line. Except it won't do it. My WinDoor objects have various classes set for each part, but they do not turn off when I turn off the respective class, only when I turn off the class the whole object is in...

and how do use of the classes allow me to see walls without openings or holes?