Roof with Soffit - Removing unwanted lines

bohlr

When creating an elevation of a roof created using the "create roof" tool with the insert soffit function option, I can not seem to get rid of the line between the roof and the soffit. (see attached file). So far i have tried

- Ungrouping and trying to group roof face with soffit as a generic solid.

For construction drawing line elevations I can mask away the unwanted line with a filled shape at each instance but this seems a bit cumbersom and time consuming. Does anyone have any ideas?

If you Ungroup the Roof (Please Save As first) you will find the reason for the flaw: While the roof itself will end up as various different Roof Faces, the Soffits end up as a Group of Nurbs Surfaces. The reason there is a line there is that there are two distinct and different objects, as opposed to one continuous 3d object. There are no doubt specific reasons for this (in terms of the programming, etc) but there is also no doubt that the result is less than ideal. You might file a "Wish", or a "Bug", or both...

Pardon me, but I don't know what your problem is, this is how pork chops are made. deleting the line is like saying that the person who's telling you to delete the line doesn't know how they're made. viewing in render mode the line disappears anyway.