Offset Tool on 3D Surfaces

Kevin McAllister

Question

5 answers to this question

Ok, I was able to get it to work this morning on some simpler surfaces but the intermediary step of Extracting surfaces or curves was needed. But you can step in from the edge of a curve, which is what I'm most interested in. Attached is an example. Note this curved surface is a pretty simple example (ie. parallel sides).

KM

Edited by Kevin McAllister

Hi Kevin

I suppose I should read, "you can not step in". If you found a smart way to do that, I would like to know. The workaround for this is to use the shell tool on the curved surface of a duplicate, then subtract the shelled duplicate from the original, then extract the surface, you need, undo the subtraction and delete the shell.

Ok, I was able to get it to work this morning on some simpler surfaces but the intermediary step of Extracting surfaces or curves was needed. But you can step in from the edge of a curve, which is what I'm most interested in. Attached is an example. Note this curved surface is a pretty simple example (ie. parallel sides).

KM

+1