Referenced Viewports

Hi all,

I'm attempting to do a job and implement referenced viewports.

I've imported a set from another job and have the ability to edit the layers and classes of this document through the Object Info, which is fine. I've done some lighting over the top on some of my own layers and made a Sheet Layer with a viewport showing the set and my lighting over the top.

I need to do some joinery lighting also so I've duplicated my Sheet Layer containing the previous viewport. There are some elements of the set in the reference viewport I now need to turn off.

How can I turn off the layers of these objects in the referenced viewport for this sheet layer yet have them in my first sheet layer?

Any help welcome.

J

Hi...

Here are 2 ways to achieve this...

1. Duplicate the DLVPs (Reference Viewports), and adjust the visibilities at THAT level. Which means that you would have to point to different layers in your SLVPs.

2. Copy/import the classes that you wish to control from the source file into the new doc (with the references). Via the OIP of the DLVPs, click on classes, and check the 'Use current document's class visibilities' check box. This should now allow you to adjust visibilities (of those imported/copied classes), for separate SLVPs.

Hope this is what you were after!