Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

VectorScript Editor for Windows available

CodeGier

Hello Windows users,

For a current project I need to code on a Windows machine. As there seems to be a lack of available editors I decided to write my own.

The main features are:

Syntax colouring

Code folding

Code completion (on pressing ctrl-space)

Showing available parameters when typing open bracket

Exporting coloured code to HTML for posting in forums

As it took me much more work to comlete the editor as I originally wanted I decided to share it with the VectorScript-community. To say "give the community something back.".

If anyone here needs a Windows editor I will finish it to a state that anyone could work with it. If not then I will save my time.

Please state the need here in the forum.

Bye

Josef

That's nice.

I currently work with notepad++ and it does all what I need. The only thing I found a little annoying is that you can't (un)fold procedures and functions with it. The BEGIN and END can be folded, but not the VAR, CONST, ... before it. So if your editor will be able to do this, I will be more than happy to try it.

I also have my own library of commands, mostly for wrapping up thos from NNA because of bugs or annoyances. If you continue your editor, it would be great if I could use my library in a pleasant way. Don't know what you originally had in mind.

One last thing: I should wait until the release of VW2012, there maybe be a new and better editor in it than we already have.

It's folding whole procedures:

procedure myProc;

const

myConst = 0;

var

myVar : integer;

Begin

End;

Will be folded to:

procedure myProc; ...

The Keywords are imported from a textfile. You can feel free and edit it for your own convenience.

By the way: I am hoping for a better integrated editor since VW11. Would be fatefull if the next version had a better one when I invested the work in my own ;-)

Bye

Josef

• 1 month later...