...installing doors into walls

If you have actually created walls (your post is a bit ambiguous as it says "polygon") then inserting a door into a wall is simple. First make sure that the Wall Insertion Mode is Active (in the mode bar, upper left), then drag your door to the wall in which you want it to insert. When the door is over the wall, the wall will highlight red. When this happens, let go of the the door and it will insert...

I'm pretty sure I create walls. I created a polygon and used the "Create Room" function from the event planning section menu. In training we did this via the extrude tool (I believe). To be sure, if you could tell me how to check if I actually created WALLS...that's be great.

I did not have the insertion Mode activated. I did that.

The doors DO NOT seem to insert correctly i.e. the wall line is still visible where the door is supposed to be inserted.

Got it..thanks

Somehow the floor was getting in the way.

Another issue (if u have time).

In training we able to take a polygon (and room I believe) and alter the wall/lines via the add surface/clip surface function.

e.g. I could create a room/polygon 100' x 50' and then lay over smaller polygons on the existing walls - select both objects and use add/clip surface to "insert" a wall/line change.

I cannot seem to do this as the walls I created are not one polygon/wall. They are four separate walls.

Why can't I do this?