Sign in to follow this  
MikeN

Plotter Drivers

P4 1.4gHz512mb RAMWinXP ProVWA 9.5.1HP Design Jet 600

HP provides numerous drivers for the HP DJ 600. Can anyone reccommend the preferred driver for my particular setup?

There are two drivers listed under WinXP at the HP driver page. If you click on them and look at the descriptions, one says it is for XP and the other says it is for NT4. The XP driver should be pl532en.exe.

Actually, we know of a bug regarding the newer 4.6.1 driver for that series plotter.

Currently, the 4.61 revision of the HP DesignJet driver can not print fill patterns from VectorWorks. Instead you will get a solid black fill. We recommend the version 4.40 driver for these models at this time.

At this time we haven?t tested the 4.60 driver extensively since it was only available for a short time. However it may also produce correct fill patterns.

Let me know if you can't locate the older 4.40 driver.

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support

I need the old driver u speak of. Can u pls email it to me matcaird@hotmail.com

Thanks

What platform do you need? Windows NT/2K/XP or Windows 95/98/ME.

Also, hotmail does not like 1 meg+ email attachments. If you want to avoid posting your email address publicly for SPAM bots to catch, you can just email your request to tech@nemetschek.net

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support

[ 06-25-2002: Message edited by: Matthew Giampapa ]

I got the version 4.60 driver off HP and it seems to print fine - I'm a newbie tho' so u know I haven't tested it fully! Thanks for replying