MagicPlan for iPhone

Looks to be very well thought out and very well presented.

I wonder about accuracy or, perhaps more relevantly, precision.

My current mindset wants to mount the device to a transit tripod or some dumb something.....

Very promising at worst.

Indeed but it just seems the gyroscope reliance for the triangulation may not be as empirical as implied.

I guess that's why they call it Magic.

Testimony (including yours) swears by it.

This could get me to buy an iPad.

Hmmm I think apple would do a great job with HARDWARE & BIM software in the aEc market,LOL they just have to buy the patents and then manufacture real data & products.

Is there an accuracy issue with larger rooms?

You measure as many walls as you like and plug these dimensions into the app if you want to ensure full accuracy.

What method is used to transfer plan to VW?

This is where it gets a bit naff. Watermarked PDF or JPG for free. ?2.99 without watermark and for DXFs.

The free PDF is vector-based but you can only snap to the centre of the walls. The dims go to the inside face of walls so you can snap to these too.

Even if I wanted to pay ?2.99 for each plan I couldn't because the subscription website won't load. I've gone off it now.

Guess it'll be fine on Android because it'll get cracked and you'll all just pirate it...

Who really cares?

Lots of people I know have iphones

My daughter has an iphone4 ? I just tell her she is another of the bleating sheep

A close friend of hers got a SGS2 and would you believe she said to me ? ?better than my iphone?

Same story with one of my best mates and many others in my experience

Lots of people are switching to Androids

Competition is good - it keeps the manufacturers honest

iphone5 or whatever it will be called will be interesting and maybe because they release once a year I think ? Apple may have a battle on its hands ? wonder if it will play Flash?

Right now Android is kicking butt as it should but what happens when Windows 8 and presumably Windows Phone 8 arrives

Just went and stood by the fire and my partner just said to me one of her girlfriends at work today got a HTC Android

Even on radio today ? blew me away ? they said here Androids were outselling iphones ? 91.5 FM here in Melbourne

Fanboys hate it but that is OK

Edited by Ozzie

It is not a troll at all

Just attempting to place a more balanced perspective to your ever continuing troll

example here

Very cool app for drawing up plans of existing building. Works surprisingly well

And later

I've gone off it now

Perhaps think about what you are really posting sometimes instead of doing this

Edited by Ozzie

Do you remember this preposterous Wish List request from January last year

So, I'd like Vectorworks for application for the iPad

From this thread

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=159118#Post159118

And the first response you received

you must be joking right?!!!!

and you acuse me of trolling

My wish would be Vectorworks for a tablet device that was useable and not neccessarily Apple

An Android tablet, HP, Windows, whatever would be ok

Does not have to be an ipad

Get the point!!

Trolling - what a cheap shot

Edited by Ozzie