Custom Selection by Field Value not working as expected.

I have a simple tag symbol with one record value attached to the text within. The record is called TextRecord, the field is called TextField and is of type Text with a default value of X. I have inserted various numerical like values from 01 through to 22. I did not use integer format because I needed the leading zero.

So after placing this symbol numerous times and inserting the values I sought to reorganize the legend. This required me to select the symbols based upon the value of a record's field ("TextField").

I brought up the command Custom Selection and set it to select only. Then adjusted the criteria to field value , "TextField" = 01The result was nothing being selected yet there are at least two or more symbols which are displaying this field value. I tried other values with the same result. I tried placing single and double quotes around the value; the result was scripting errors. I change the criteria so it was "TextField" <> 01 and the tool selected all the tag symbols.

Arrrgh! Help please...

Oh, and here is a good one if I enter 0 (zero) instead of 01 in the first instance, all objects except for the symbols with the record attached/embeded to them are selected! Where is a bug gremlin when you need it?

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: losolin ]

Try This----------------DSelectAll; SelectObj(('TextRecord'.'TextField'='01' ));{ Select objects with 01 only }-----------------

Make sure your objects are not groupedand are on the active layer or the script will not select the objects

The syntax above is correct

Dave smile.gif" border="0

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: Fuge ]