won't render

rita

In model setup I have selected 2 floors and 0 basements ,the layers of mod- foundation,mod slab-1,mod-floor-1,mod-slab-2,mod floor 2,mod-roof are created when giving heights in next step.I have created each floor in the appropriate layer using wall tool and the foundation/slab by extruding a solid because of this it only ables one layer to render while the rest is in wireframe.makes it difficult to understand the creation as a whole. I assumed there would be a way to render all layers? It also creates difficulties when creating a sectional perspective to render all layers.

Thanks

The Layer Options allows you to view/modify different layers differently.

If you right-click on a blank space on the drawing the contextual menu will offer Layer Options - select this, then select View Others or View Snap Others or View Snap Modify Others so you can see all layers at once.

Rita

Layer links is an outdated method. It is no longer included in most of the workspaces. (It is still in Fundamentals.) Design layer (or sheet layer) viewports are a much better method.

However, you shouldn't need either to render.

Make sure you have the layers you want to show up visible (not grey) and the layer options set to Show Others or Show/Snap Others.

Make sure Unified View is on.

Make sure your objects have a solid fill.

Render away.

hth

mk

• 4 weeks later...