Windows not transparent

Tom7

Try clicking on a window and in the Object Info Palette go to Settings > View > Glazing and make sure that "Clear" (instead of "Opaque" or "Use Class" that uses a class with a non-transparent texture) is selected.

You can also check View > Rendering > Open GL Options and make sure that "Use Textures" is selected.

(This is all based on VW 2008; it maybe be different in 2011, if that's what you're using. Consider adding your hardware & software info to your signature...)

HTH, Will

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Tom

Do you have Renderworks? Your windows will only be transparent if you have Renderworks. Otherwise, Windows in 2011 do not need any special treatment to make them display a clear texture. You can change the texture using the Classes tab on the Window definition dialog, note which class is controlling the glass and then edit that class to apply a different texture - or apply a different class altogether.

Hope that helps

Thanks guys! I found that I needed to select a window, choose settings in the object info palette, and go to Classes > Glazing > Glazing > Clear. I had to do this for each window. I asked tech support if there was a faster way to do this, such as "painting" the settings from one window to another, but this is not a current feature of Vectorworks.

Seems like this would be a pretty big issue - what if you wanted to change all the windows to have a different style of muntin or glazing, perhaps just to see what it would look like? It takes a long time to change each element individually...

Tom