3D centre snaps in VW11.5?

I was looking at the "Cylinder Tool" movie which showed the new cylinder tool being used by snapping to the centre of a 3D hole.

I believe the movie says that the centre snap is new in VW11.5, but I couldn't get the smart cursor to find the centre of any object (whether made with the cylinder tool or not) regardless of which snap options where turned on.

How do I get centre snaps to happen?

N.

quote:

Originally posted by propstuff:

How do I get centre snaps to happen?

The only way that I have been able to get center snaps is to set the "Snap to distance" constraint for 1/2. Though as I write this I don't know that I was having a problem with circles. Lines and such were what I had noticed the missing snap on.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

In the constraints palette, double click on the Snap to Object button, and click on the Snap to edge points check box in the 3D Snapping dialog. This is a preference now - so if you turn it on - you don't need to do anything in subsequent sessions. Turning this on would make edge end points, mid points, along points (if you have along points ON) and circular edge center point snapping.