Sheet Class Overrides w/ Design Layer view ports HELP?

TimG

Can Sheet VP class overrides work with the content inside the VP being a Design Layer VP with the same named classes??? I'm hoping the answer is yes!

I started a large project with all floor levels in one file, and developed the all the floor plan partial area Sheets from that... now that the project is bigger i separated the floors into their own files for various staff members to utilize, however my Design Layer VP's don't seem to recognize their classes have overides in the various sheet VP's...

In the VP class properties the "Ues embeded DLVP class overrides" is unchecked... i thought that would do it, but its ignoring the class overrides.

any help would be appreciated... its going to be a bear if I'm forced to keep 1 huge file and can't reference these floor plans

thanks,

Tim

I Think i figured out a work around so i can utilize SLVP class overrides to referenced layers... which is to go to tools-organization-references-settings and change it from DLVP to imported layer...

can someone tell me the difference between the two referencing methods?

• 8 months later...

Hmmmm,

Here's a timely response - only, what 8 mo's later?

I was having the opposite issue. My sheet layer viewport class selections were over-riding the classes selected in my design layer viewports.

Very frustrating.

I hope someone'll chime in re: Best Practices and all in ref. to this, but I just ended up making symbols of the elements in the DLVP's in order to get them to show up in the SLVP correctly.

This worked okay in that the parts and pieces involved were for some display cases.

Thanks,

m@c