Import Shape File Data

I am trying to use Ordnace Survey Shape Data from Vector Map of Great Britain.

The boundary data is fine.

The text data is a problem because it is data attached to 2D loci.

I know there are some clever VW users out there who may be able to help.

Does anyone have a script that can return the appropriate data as text on a layer.

Please see attached PDF of dialog box of data.

Many thanks

How many of these locus points do you have and what data do you want off of them?

If a symbol will be acceptable, then we might be able to do a fairly easy conversion.

Can you create a symbol containing just a locus point with the Text-1 record format attached. Then put a text block near it for each of the fields you want displayed. Select one text block and the symbol and do a Modify:Link Text To Record. Repeat for the other text blocks you want displayed.

Once you have this done in a way you think will work, let us know and we should be able to create a script that will replace all of the locus points with the symbol while maintaining the data.

If the symbol option won't work, I don't know how to do what you want since it is nearly impossible to decide where to put the text relative to the locus point.

Do you need the script to change the font, fontsize, color and orientation based on the information in the record? This is much, much harder.