Shortcut Keys. A Map to the Future?

Ajychau

I use VW on a PC, so inherently there are already short-cut key clashes with Windows, but despite those problems you can somewhat use VW quite well.

I've been working at my currently place of employment for just over a year and half now, and thus have only used VW for that amount of time, prior to that I've been using the classic AutoCAD + Illustrator/Photoshop Combo. Both those programs have a big list of short commands/shortcut keys.

What I've found with using VW is the huge list of shortcut keys. We've all seen the PDFs of the list of key combos, enough to compete with the Mortal Combat and Streetfighter combos combined. But what really errs me is the weird combos; for instance: Shift + '-' for offset. Essentially you are using two keys on the opposite spectrum of the keyboard, whilst removing your hand from the mouse.

Another is the precedence of the snaps over tools like trim and eyedropper. Which do you use more, trim or turning snap to point on and off?

Consequential to the weird mix of logical and illogical shortcut keys, a lot of people at work are 1 handed drafters. Click-centric drafting with their idle hand stuck on alt+tab to transition from VW to Firefox.

What are your shortcut keys remapped to?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know for your version, but ours are pretty good. I only add 4 shortcut keys to it, because they forget them every time.

Ctrl + : Add shape

Ctrl - : Subtract shape

Ctrl Alt + : Combine

Ctrl Alt - : Opposite of combine

I don't have a problem having to use keys with both hands. It's pretty fast getting your hand from the mouse to the keyboard and back. Most of the time the shortcuts that require the right hand or on things that doesn't require the mouse.