Protractor tool - wrong angles!

The protractor tool reports wrong angles.

Polyline 1 Angle between edges 90.78 dgrees (verified visually, by dimensioning & by constraint), reported as 146.8 degrees

Polyline 2 Angle between edges 90.21 dgrees (verified visually, by dimensioning & by constraint), reported as 57.0 degrees

Some other polylines are reported OK (at least by visual assessment.)

Copied and pasted to a new file, no change.

No duplicate vertices.

VW 9.5.0MacOS 9.2.2

(Sent also to bugsumbit, but also here to warn others who might rely on the tool.)

Petri, After looking at your file, the objects you are trying to get the angles for, were they rotated at some point ?

Did you move or nudge the object at any point ?

When I traced your drawing with a polyGON and used the protractor tool, it gave the correct reading. When I nudged it down several pixels it still have the correct reading.

When I moved/nudged it several pixels to the left or right, it was giving bogus readings from the protractor tool. I have a feeling whatever the coordinate system used to define the protractor start and end points is not including the case if the object is moved other than along the y axis. I am going to go ahead and bug list this, if Gunther hasn't already and then add these rsearch details to it.

[ 04-16-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]

Petri,

There is clearly a problem with the protractor tool as when I moved your object (traced over) the tool would eventually give an invalid reading. I buglisted it as Bug number 26530. If you would like to be added to the mailing list for that bug, you will receive emails when the bug is updated. Please let me know if you would like your email address added to the bug.