Exporting to PDF - missing dimension numbers?

Allison

Question

Hi Everyone

I am using VW2008 at my current job.

When I dimension something, then export it as a PDF, it exports fine, but the numbers on the dimensions are missing. The dimension lines/arrows are there on the PDF, just the numbers have gone missing.

I've tried messing with classes/visibility and different resolutions but nothing seems to make any difference. I know it can be done because I exported something last week and managed to correct it, but can't remember what I did!

Any help appreciated......thanks

1 answer to this question

Dunno. Here are some guesses:

Start by testing a new blank drawing. Add a few objects and dims then port/save to pdf. May be instructive.

Visibility problems are almost always class related. Look again at your Dimension class.

Are you drawing with black background? VW switches black text and lines to white for that. Pdf export should return a white background, supposedly with black lines & text. But something might go bad with the save, or you may have changed an attribute setting making the numbers white so they save as white on the pdf white background (invisible).

Numbers might be too small. Or drawn in white.

Try a different font, esp a common one.

Reboot your system and try again.

-B