Door Schedule with RM Number

I could be really wrong about this, and I hope someone will correct me in the very likely event that what I'm about to say is baloney.

I've never understood why, but space objects don't like to be locations.

And, to compound your problem, the location of an object can be a criteria for a database, but not a function call. (So you can tell a database to look for all the doors in a specific location, but you can't ask each door in a database where it is)

There are a couple work arounds:

Work Around 1_______________________

1. Create polygons that have location information. Draw a polygon, (or polyline, rectangle, circle, oval, etc.).

2. In the OIP click on the Data tab and enter a name in the Name field.

You can now use this as a criteria- LOC=Name - when setting up a database. And the location objects don't need to be on the same layer as the rest of the objects - so you can create them and forget them. -It's possible that these objects need to be on the screen plane, or at least not on some crazy working plane, I've never investigated. It's always just worked.

NB. - the door object "lives" in the location that contains the door swing.

NB. (2) HOWEVER, if you try to use the auto generated space name from the same field of the space object as a criteria, it doesn't work. Don't know why.

But this won't get you the format you asked for.

Work Around 2_______________________

Create a new column and use the function: =('Door'.'UserFld1')

As in many other VW baked-in objects, there are user fields. You can manually type in whatever you want.

The attached example does both.

hth

mk