Origin moving

shr

Perhaps you are accidentally invoking the keyboard shortcut Ctrl 9 to Set Origin while in a 3d view.

I would edit my workspace to remove this.

Also, double click the Set Origin button at the intersection of the Rulers and select the option 'Disable dragging for the Set Origin Button"

shr

The reason I asked about importing dwgs is this:

Objects drawn in locations like "+300,000,000 x +5,811,814,000" is something I've seen in my dwg-importing life.

There is a dwg import option to "Use World Origin Instead of User Origin". I can't tell you exactly what this does. But it does sound bad, doesn't it. I don't know if that could cause the origin move problems you are seeing, but it's a possibility.

btw - you can save yourself a lot of dwg related headaches by never importing a dwg into the "real" drawing. Import into a "sacrificial" .vwx drawing and then reference that drawing in the "real" drawing. The 210 useless and empty classes will be confined to the design layer viewport referencing the sacrificial drawing (and will not show up in your class structure!), and you can crop and position the dwg where you need it without regard to its position in the dwg.

hth

mk

• 2 weeks later...

btw - you can save yourself a lot of dwg related headaches by never importing a dwg into the "real" drawing. Import into a "sacrificial" .vwx drawing and then reference that drawing in the "real" drawing. The 210 useless and empty classes will be confined to the design layer viewport referencing the sacrificial drawing (and will not show up in your class structure!), and you can crop and position the dwg where you need it without regard to its position in the dwg.

And your linestyles will not be messed up this way!

• 2 weeks later...