Align Renderworks Camera to view

I have not used Renderworks cameras before.

Is there any way to create a camera, that aligns to the present perspective view? I can do this with a spotlight (Set light to view), so it seems natural, that I should be able to do it with a camera, but I cannot find the correct procedure. Does anyone know this - or a decent workaround?

Hallo BCD,

I have tried what you suggest, and can't get it working.

If I Edit the Viewport, I get the attached Dialog window.

I can't get VW to create the Camera itself...

If I create a Camera inside the Viewport myself, the View gets linked to this Camera, and the Viewport changes to the View from that new Camera.

What I'm doing wrong?

regards Horst M

- Right click on the Viewport and select Edit Camera from the contextual menu.

- Once you are in the edit mode change to Top/Plan View so you can see and select the Camera object.

- Select and adjust the Camera object as required and then exit the edit.

Note: Make sure you only edit the Camera object when doing this because you are in a model view where you can edit other objects as well.

The hope was to set a camera to the current view much like a light object can be set to the current view. If a camera object was automatically placed via the Viewport Edit Camera option, in the case where no linked camera existed, then this would have achieved the objective.

Manually placing a camera while editing the Viewport is useful but does nothing to achieve the OPs objective.

You are right, bcd - there is no camera unless it has been linked first. Perhaps a wish list item - it would be nice to have. In the mean time I found a nice use for the existing camera: It is actually pretty easy to do a stereoscopy using RW cameras with viewports. Not what I was looking for but rather cool. It works with HDRI backgrounds too as I found out.

Stereo.png

Edited by Kaare Baekgaard

Wow, Kaare,

that's pretty holistic:

while looking for something that you think you need you find somthing that you didn't even know you need, but that is way more important or at least ... sexy!

cool!

Personally I'm glad, that I'm not as incompetent as I thought after reading mikes Post

Edited by Horst M.