Vectorworks viewer

djb

Question

Hey Vectorworks engineers, I Checked out the viewer to see what it was like and I have to say, sorry for this, but boo hoo! Can't you come up with a viewer that has a small program footprint and yet allows views and comments with markup with out simply taking a locked version of the full program?

I think you guys and gals can do better.

4 answers to this question

+1 big time! We might have the latest hard and software but very often clients have much less clout in theirs. Another factor is that the viewer should be very simple to use, or else you won't even get a client to go so far........at the moment the viewer is and looks as complicated as the full program.

Edited by Vincent C

I have been using a program that uses 3D PDF export and can be viewed using Adobe Reader, a program that most users can and do use.

Really simple to use and shows the full 3D flyover capability.

Perhaps VW could utilise this common export facility.

(VW is slipping further behind the competition)

It keeps coming back to bite them on the ankles, doesn't it?

NAG or whatever has been chosen for this particular minute of the day, please stop trying to make do! You're not even playing "Catch Up" any more.

You've given up on MD so i now have very little to lose(as nothing of MD remaining works much anymore)so it's now time to THROW OUT THE REFUGEES from MiniCAD and start again with fresh components "including and not limited to" a PDF type file reader or similar so that anyone can use it and the ability to make use of "Current" Hardware Technology to it's FULL extent.

Novelty ideas in a "Professional"(?) Tool (read Planes caffuffel) do not a solution make!!

Keep the UI so we don't get lost, but get rid of the garbage that VW seems to still be knee deep in and start competing again and take a page out of SpaceClaim, SketchUp even Bonzai3D and any other "NEW"ish cad option now available. Ease of use(as was) is always a WINNER.

Better still, PLEASE strip the file format code so that files just open automatically in any CAD App(cutting Import/Export stupidity) or a file format code stripper so that all the Hell with old files doesn't cause me to lose them as corrupted files!!!

Yes, i know, i'm still ranting!

Sorry! :)