Artistic Renderworks Options

What happened to Artistic Renderworks options in VW2011?

A quote from the VW2011 Help file:

"3. Select the Style from the list, and then click Options to set specific style parameters. The preview image displays

the resulting effect."

There are no options in VW2011. VW 2010 had options to set parameters. So, not only are the number of Artistic styles reduced in VW2011, but there is no way to adjust the parameters of the Artistic Styles in spite of what the Help file suggests.

I miss the ability to choose colors, line weights, etc., too. And like you, I read it in the manual and had to check several times before I realized the manual was wrong. I don't know why they leave that in, it's obviously left over from the old Renderworks. Which in this case, I have to admit was superior (even though I love the switch to C4D).

Monadnoc

I am "learning" to love the new C4D rendering engine in VW2011, but it has been a struggle. At least, when I need the previous Artistic Rendering capabilities, I can always export back to VW2010 and convert a few textures back to VW2010 types. A bit cumbersome, but now I can pick and choose between 2 different rendering engines.

VW2011 rendering has required a huge learning curve regarding textures, and I am not 100% satisfied so far. One problem is the lack of detailed info about the various texture settings in VW2011. It is sort of a game of discovery at the moment. Creating a satisfactory "glass" texture has consumed many many hours and I still do not have a consistent solution. The "clear glass" texture which ships with VW2011 is not acceptable to me.