Sections increasing file size enormously!

Hi all,

We've been having problems recently when cutting 3D sections.

We draw up a model in 3D, the one I'm working on at the moment is a finished file and is 26mb so not too bad. There's a few extrudes and symbols, but not too many.

When I cut 2 3D sections the file size jumps to 111mb and becomes completely unstable. I know the 3D sections are quite a lot of 3D geometry but this is a bit ridiculous, it's only a single residential property, others use this software for masterplanning etc and manage alright!!

I've tried purging the file with no affect, if I took out the extrudes that might help, or maybe turn them into symbols? but we're not asking much of the software and it's falling short.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Cheers,

J

Hi Farookey,

Thanks for the reply, however I unchecked that as standard a while ago as our files were being really slow.

I've tried to strip down the files as much as possible, but I don't know how much it would help. As soon as the two sections are cut (in this example) the file size jumps by around 80mb. I know the sections 'copy' the model, but why would the size jump up by 4 times the amount for two 'half models' that are created?!

Cheers,

J