Intalling Text Fonts

I have recently installed DIN Open Type font onto my PC in order to use the same font as my work colleagues using MACs.

The problem is that Vectorworks 2011 seems to display the font onscreen as Aerial and only when the document is printed that the text is DIN OT.

Does anyone know why this is happening any how I can get the DIN OT to display onscreen?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

After switching from Mac to PC, I am also running into this problem. OpenType fonts that displayed correctly in Vectorworks Mac are now displaying as Arial on the PC.

I found this in the knowledge base:

With certain graphics hardware/OS combinations, sometimes a font will not display properly after editing is complete. The classic instance of this is when you start typing in a Text object, it appears correctly, but when you click out of the object it immediately changes to a basic font, then reverts back to the correct font when you attempt to edit the object again.

This is normally corrected in Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences under the Display tab; Toggle the setting for Quartz/GDI Imaging.

However, this is not a workable solution since you lose any object/layer transparency and the ability to preview the document with anti aliasing.

Any other work-arounds?

OK, I found somewhat of a work-around. By converting my OpenType fonts to TrueType, I am able to view/print them properly in Vectorworks 2011.

Fonts can be converted for free here:

http://onlinefontconverter.com/

It is pretty tedious, but at least it works. I still don't understand why the OpenType fonts aren't working. The Knowledge Base article mentions that older OpenType fonts may not work, but these are new fonts (came with Adobe CS5). In fact, none of the OpenType fonts on my machine work.