Help.

I'm trying to bridge 2D vs. 3D drawing differences. Here's what I've done. I've created walls for a kitchen in top/plan. I've inserted and sized some base cabinets on one wall. I've installed and move a frig symbol into place. I've inserted and sized a column sitting on the cabinet to support a beam above for a pass-through through the wall. So far so good. A right isometric shows me everything nicely. But when I draw a line in front view noting the beams bottom edge, when viewed in either top/plan or top view it is in the middle of the room and can't be moved. Is it possible to draw in 2D and 3D or does it have to be all one or the other up to a point then you make a viewport and continue drawing and annotating there?

Marshall

2D and 3D can be a mix of objects, through the choice of Screen or Layer attribute (on the window bar). It is usually preferable to draw on the design layer with the Layer mode or attribute, because lines and even text (v.2011) exist on the design layer plane, and are aligned with the model. Screen-based objects are always in the 2D screen plane, but they can be changed to 3D Layer objects with the Object Info Palette. You mentioned the annotation layer of the sheet viewport -- that is also 2D only.

Hope this helps.