Utilizing Multi-Core CPU's or the GPU

taoist

What is the point of having the hardware if the Software engineers won't take advantage of it.

Sure it might be a PITA, but it must be done to keep pace with the industry or we risk falling behind.

Why do we upgrade our computers then?

Would you go back to previous versions of VW?

If others are doing it why not VW?

And surely in 64 bit unless they are waiting to jump on the 128 bit platform but that is down the road.

Sorry for getting on a tangent here, but please utilize the hardware. It is not like we are asking you tread in unexplored territory or to re-invent the wheel.

respectfully,

imho

taoist

Actually, I believe Renderworks does utilize multi-core processors, it's just Vectorworks that doesn't. I'm not sure about 64 bit, as I'm on a Mac and they don't have separate 32 vs 64 bit apps, they have one app (Universal Binary) and the OS figures it out. At least that's how I think it's handled. I'm a little unclear on it myself.

But with Cinema 4D being a full blown 64 bit app, and for quite some time now, I don't see why they wouldn't incorporate that into Renderworks soon.

And I am not trying to start a platform war, so please no one start bashing one over the other.

Thanks.

Monadnoc

Taoist,

I wasn't implying you would start bashing, it was meant as a general statement. This list has a habit of people arguing over which is better, Mac or Windows, whenever anyone mentions what either one can do. I was just trying to avoid that situation.

Monadnoc

I have no preference for computer OS.

I started with a PC.

I have never used or owned a MAC.

MAC OS won't support my other software.

Running an emulator slows things down.

Maybe the MAC OS is better, I do not know.

taoist

Edited by taoist