centre on objects after view change

Works for me, beanus.

The help menu says "When the view is changed to one of the standard views (such as Top or Left Isometric), automatically centers the view on the selected objects at the current zoom level; if no objects are selected, the view is set to the center of all objects".

This is what happens.

I have found it to be iffy for me. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Actually, most times it works. But I haven't been able to figure out what makes it not work sometimes. The times it doesn't work usually is when nothing is selected. Then if I select something, it works fine.

When I have nothing selected, it sometimes acts just like it used to in MiniCAD days, with most of the objects off screen and out of view. You wind up looking at a mostly blank page. But if I select something, it will almost always center the view on that. Maybe even always. It's one of those things that you don't pay attention to when it's working as designed. But occasionally I just can't get it to center on my drawing objects when nothing is selected.

• 1 year later...