Switching between Designer/Spotllight - Renderworks disappear?

I have a designer license with Renderworks installed. My co-workers work primarily on spotlight without Renderworks. We commonly trade files and work on our respective areas. However - I noticed that one file - after it was opened and edited in spotlight - makes my renderworks options go away when I update the viewport.

When in the paper space area - I have all of my renderworks menus. Then on my viewport selection - I can see the drag downs on the Foreground and Background menus.

I click 'update' and my render options for Foreground and Background render go away and I'm left with Open GL and Shaded Polygon.

Anyone ever seen this?

Barry,

I'm in the same scenario as you, RW most of the time on my main computer, several of my colleagues on standard VW with spotlight. Often files that we exchange with Renderworks data change, most commonly to their closest counterpart - FQ Renderworks = Open GL, Artistic = Shaded Poly/Wireframe. I've come to accept it and when I get the file back just revert the settings.

I'll test if I can replicate your problem in my 2010, but I've never had an issue thus far with it except minor inconvenience.

J

Just tested this in 2010.

Made a file. Rendered 4 viewports, in various styles.

Sent the file to my colleague on Spotlight 2010, he left 1 viewport unaltered, updated one, re cropped one and updated and added a layer and some objects to the last and updated.

All defaulted to OpenGL.

I've opened the file. All viewports are OpenGL, just rerendered all of them as Final Quality Renderworks and Artistic Renderworks no worries.

Unless it's a 2011 thing I can't replicate it, sorry.

J

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Barry:

This is probably related to the issue you are working with Sofy in Tech Support about. If RW doesn't start up properly then the RW menu items will go away once VW realizes it hasn't started up correctly. Others will not see this behavior unless RW is not starting up properly (which is a very rare problem).

Yes Dave - this is the very issue Sofy and I have been working through.

After doing a clean removal and re-install, CineRender is still not launching. I'm not sure what is happening. Maybe I need to re-download the install DMG file?

In addition to my previous VW issue that I was having with a corrupted preference file - I'm beginning to think that simply removing the plist files, application support folders, and deleting the application still leaves something behind.

I'm not sure what to do to trick my computer into thinking that Vectorworks has never been installed - because there is something that seems to remember.