VW2011 SP3 Space tool problems

jpoq

I have been experiencing issues with the space tool in VW2011 sp3 on OS X 10.6.7.

After drawing the space shape and filling the space label data in the OIP, the text does not appear in the label.

I thought it could be a font related problem, so I checked and deleted duplicate fonts with Fontbook and applied the fonts update from Apple.

This did not solve the issue, so then I tried to modify the Space labels symbols stored in the Library/Defaults/Space/Space-tag directory, changing the font type from Arial to other type.

I tested the symbols inserting them in the Space tag symbols.vwx and the issue appeared to be solved. I thought that editing the symbols on that file would fix the issue for good.

Then I started a new file, invoked the space tool and then again the space label was empty and the original font was Arial (not the one I designed when the symbols where changed).

Are the Space tag symbols contained in another directory rather than Library/Default/Space directory? Is it possible to change the default font for the space tag symbols? Are there any specific bugs with some fonts in VW2011 SP3 that have not been addressed?

Cheers!