Sign in to follow this  
taoist

How to have insulation pattern show for wall fill?

When drawing/creating walls in plan view, is it possible to show insulation pattern/hatch in plan view without having to use detail tool set and trace walls to fill in?

In other words, create a wall with the insulation pattern/hatch showing in plan view to discern insulated from non insulated walls.

One solution would be to edit the wall component for insulation, changing the fill color to an insulation hatch pattern and then re save the wall definition.

I tried that with a pattern for rigid insulation and it worked, in the case of batt insulation I have not found a pattern that will adjust to the lenght of the wall, yet.

Regards

One solution would be to edit the wall component for insulation, changing the fill color to an insulation hatch pattern and then re save the wall definition.

I tried that with a pattern for rigid insulation and it worked, in the case of batt insulation I have not found a pattern that will adjust to the lenght of the wall, yet.

Regards

There's a tool for batt insulation that adjust itselfs to the wall it's attached to.

Thanks for the responses.

Guess I will add it to the wish list.

taoist

"There's a tool for batt insulation that adjust itselfs to the wall it's attached to."

It attaches to the wall but will only adjust itself by cycling the Size to Wall Length check box in the OIP: a not so intelligent intelligent object.