Newbie at Window/Door Trim

How does one apply/draw/show interior/exterior trim for doors and windows to show in 3D. When using OIP, and show in 3D, shows only square trim.

Same for baseboard and crown moulding?

Anyhow to's or videos on this subject?

Can't figure it out.

taoist

Guest Wes Gardner

Hi,

The plug-in door and window objects have flat square-edged trim with both thickness and width parameters.

Other profiles can be created using Extrude Along Path. This holds true for any casing as well as crown and base.

I assume you mean #2 on the keyboard (front) or use the keyboard or rotate to get the correct face plane?

At some point this year I will upgrade to 2011 as they have told me that if I do that, I will get 2012 free. Need to check to see if that is still the case.

Really need to have multi core aboard. Should have been in 2011 release.

taoist

Right. #2 (or whichever view shows the door in elevation). Additionally I'm pretty sure that once created an EAP object can be rotated in any plane, therefore if you know its dimensions you could build it on the ground then go to a side view and rotate it 90?, then go to top/plan and rotate/move into proper location...