Viewports Crashing

I'm having an issue with VW crashing when I select viewports. I'm working with a file that has 10 or so different viewports and I'm in the process of creating more. I'm not sure what I've done but each time I even select the viewport, the program crashes all together.

Any suggestions?

sorry - I had to laugh at the silly impulse-

"then don't select the viewport"

Seriously- what you could try is selecting the viewport using the marquee mode of the selection tool rather than clicking on it, then delete it.

If this doesn't work I'd see if a Select All works, if it does then it could be an issue with the OIP trying unsuccessfully to populate. You can bypass this by selecting two or more differing objects. Say a dummy rectangle and the offending viewport. Try this by holding Alt while dragging across the viewport & rectangle. Then delete both.

If this works then you can re-create the Viewport.

Hope this helps

Now the entire program is crashing. I think it's much more than viewports. I've emailed the crash report to Nemetscheck and I'm going to do a full re-install. Not sure what caused it. But now when I open the program - it opens to a blank file (normal). But when I open a file - it crashes. I have tried over 12 different files so I know it's not a corrupted element in any one file.