Alison Shearer

Adding stakes to Site Model

I'm fairly new to site modelling. I've created a model from stake objects but it's not looking right so I've created a few more stakes by estimating. How do I update the model to include them or do I have to delete the model and start again? The Update button only seems to work when adjusting site modifiers. If I do have to start again, can I save my Site Modifiers or will they be lost too?

Thanks, Alison

Hi Alison

You can do one of two things:

1) Change the mode of your Stakes to Site Modifier, but set them to modify the existing site.

OR

2) Make sure your stakes are set as Site Model Source Data. Select all of your Stake objects and cut them (Edit>Cut). Right click on your site model and then choose Edit Source Data. Use Edit>Paste in Place. Click the large, orange exit button on the top right corner.

All the best

• Like 1

@olgab 

Right click the site model. A dialog box appears.

Choose Recreate from Source Data (or Edit Source Data in earlier versions)

Work with the stake objects as needed. Drawing area will have an orange border.

Accept the edits by clicking the Exit button @ upper right corner of the drawing area.

In newer versions, a dialog appears warning that previous edits to contours will be lost.  This refers to edits made via the Edit Contours Existing/Proposed options in the site model right click dialog.

Experiment with a simple site model so you understand the dialog which warns that edits to contours revert to original when you exit the Recreate from Source Data.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
  • Like 2