Textures not showing in open GL

Tobias

• 1 year later...

Some shots in the dark:

Sometimes it helps to enter, then exit the texture def in Resource Browser. Or edit and tweak something, then edit again to change it back.

OR maybe problem is a corrupt symbol or other object? Something converted from an old version?

Paste-in-place a couple objects into a new file, enable OGL texture pref, and render with OGL. The textures should transfer with the objects, and render successfully unless the object(s) or texture(s) are corrupt. If all OK, paste another bunch of objects to the new file and render. Repeat until render fails.

OR it could just be OGL limits.

I noticed that some image mask textures behave strangely in 2012 OGL (haven't tested in v2013). Specifically, if texture color shader is set to Object Color, then two objects with same texture, but different color, will both render same color. Renderworks can render both colors, so it's an OGL issue. There may be some other limit which you have uncovered.

-B

Tried the edit. Went from bad to worse: lost all rendering ability, and when editing the resource (it was a texture I created on photoshop) the base image was no where to be found. I couldn't even upload the file again. Transferred to a new file: same issure. Been doing this texture creation for years with nary a problem until now.

The "work-around" I found was to use save the original image I created on Photoshop as a .png file instead of .jpeg file. Uploaded back to the texture no problem. I hope this will last. Very weird, and very annoying. Time to buy a better graphics card...?