Making drawn picture into a texture?

I have created a carpet tile in Vectorworks using 2D shapes, including circles, rectangles, colours and 2D spirals from the 2D spiral tool. Now I want to make it a texture, or at the very least, a flat polygon that I can make into a symbol for the floor that can be placed and rotated along with the rest of the picture. If I try "Convert to 3D polys", the spirals etc disappear and I end up with just circles and rectangles. It seems to have a problem converting the spirals to anything I can work with. I am trying to avoid having to make the whole carpet again in a third rate drawing program. Any ideas? confused.gif" border="0

Okay, my boss worked out an alternative to this, which is that we printed the picture on a high quality printer, scanned it into photoshop, and then imported the file as a texture. It looks great! But I have another question, which is added back out in the main page... rolleyes.gif" border="0

[ 03-27-2002: Message edited by: Anita ]

[ 03-27-2002: Message edited by: Anita ]