Is there an easy way to delete duplicate lines?

Ooops. Just asked the same question in another thread, without reading this one!

I have heard there is a plug in for removing duplicate objects, but don't know where it comes from. When I find out, it will get ordered!

More curious as to why this seems to happen to some of my drawings. It seems to correlate to sharing files somehow, but I wonder if I am doing some common task that causes it.

More curious as to why this seems to happen to some of my drawings. It seems to correlate to sharing files somehow, but I wonder if I am doing some common task that causes it.

It isn't that hard to get this:

1: Select all

2: Ctrl+click on one of the selected objects

=> you just duplicated every selected object on that layer...

So maybe that happened in you drawing?

Horst,

Any idea if those work on Windows? I see the Apple logo on those optimization tools, which has stopped me from buying so far.

Maarten,

As far as I know, I usually hit the X hot key for the selection tool for any selection only. I use landmark, and I guess I don't even know why I would need to control and click to select an object, but maybe I do that on occaision.

As I mentioned on the other thread, I do use Control A, V, and X and C for copy, paste, select all, etc. But, I checked my preferences and the control dupe preference is turned off.

I must be doing something not so bright!

Rossford,

If you go into the VW prefs in VW 2011 there is an option to disallow in-place duplications. It is under the Edit tab of preferences at the top of the right hand column.

If that is unchecked the situation described by Maarten cannot happen.

HTH,

Ion

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...