IFC issues

I'm currently having a problem creating VW object with IFC compatibility.

I have modelled some fixtures (WC pan, Basin, grab rails) that have been saved into a library as hybrid symbols.

I would like to attach IFC data to the symbol so that when it is referenced / imported into another file the correct IFC data is already attached.

It is possible to attach the data to any selected symbols already inserted into the file, however the IFC data doesn't attach to the symbol definition so isn't applied to any other instances of the symbol that are inserted after this.

Seems to be inconsistent with what is documented in the VW help file.

2. Upon testing the symbols with an export to IFC there were some further issues. The symbols were inserted in VW into walls, on edge with no break so that they were attached to a wall. In VW this works fine and all looks good. However when exported to IFC and viewed in Solibri the WC pan makes a cutout in the wall, the grab rail makes a recess in the wall (not full depth) and the basin sits on the wall with no cutouts or recesses (exactly as it is meant to).

I would be most grateful if anyone can shed any light on the above.

(All done in VW2011 SP3)