Textures in VW2011

Tamsin: if you sent me anything, I didn't get it .... and I don't know how you could, unless you know my email address: rocket1322@yahoo.com

I also read the reply from grant_PD to use a tile shader, not brick. Well I guess that makes sense to someone ..... "don't use a brick texture to make bricks, use a tile shader".

Thanks to all for your help .....

OK ... I got it .. thank you very much. (Previous one was not in my junk mail nor ordinary mail) I now see how you manipulated the settings to get a realistic render. Using the tile shader has a problem ... can't manipulate joint width ... the width (in the US) is always 3/8 inch, but the tile shader makes the vertical and horizontal 'gaps' always proportional to the height/width of bricks .... and brick proportions vary.

I still wish VW would publish a good explanation of how to manipulate these shaders .... for instance, I still have to fiddle with your examples to get them to match US imperial sizes for modular or Engineer modular or non-modular King/Queen sizes. In a perfect world, the brick shader would have dimensions to enter, instead of percentages .... this is far too difficult.