2011- Should I- Please vote

I'm happy. There are many plusses:

- Easier 3D modelling.

- Improved Renderworks (albeit with a learning curve but the new free manual helps there).

- Better wall components and controls over those components.

- Better floor objects via the new Slab capability.

- Text styles and in place text editing.

- Dimension improvements.

- Scalable symbols.

- New resources and easier library access.

Assembly,

You should know that those of us who complain are doing so because we want to see the program improved. I continually remind my wife that I inherited the "complain" gene! I really do like the program, and enjoy using it. If you are going from 2009 to 2011, you should be happy. There are lots of improvements between those versions. You will have to learn new things, but once you do, you should be working more efficiently.

I too think the improved Renderworks is great. I can now render my drawings more realistically much faster, and fast enough that I can see the results within minutes, not hours. That has been wonderful for showing my clients what their furniture will look like.

I have worked/work with AutoCAD LT, Point, ADT, Revit, Bentley Architecture, ArchiCAD and VWs so in part I know what I'm talking about.

Having recently started my way into Revit which was the last one missing from my list I am now happy to say that VWs still tops my list!

Many of the 'complainers' have been using VWs for quite some time and therefore have very specific issues they want resolved as well as being aware of the fact that those issues that get most attention on this forum are the issues most likely to be resolved/implemented.

I know for a fact and greatly appreciate the fact that issues debated, discussed, criticized and wished for on this forum to a great degree find their way into the program at a fairly rapid rate. In a way you can say that the users greatly influence the way VWs is developing and that is a great asset.

I also know for a fact that all programs out there do basically the same and all have faults of there own.

The greatest frustration with VWs is the Beta feeling especially of newly released versions, this too has been discussed at length so hopefully there will be changes in the near future........but then again if you buy a budget program you have to be prepared to put up with certain faults.......plus VWs flexibility often gives you the possibility to resolve shortcomings, many other programs don't have this capability.

Up to date the best tactic is to upgrade just before the new version comes out......then you buy the most stable version available and you can follow the new release at a distance and get better acquainted in for the next upgrade. So far I haven't had the patience to practice what I preach because every new release comes with some attractive new features which I can't wait to get my hands on :grin:

Edited by Vincent C